Pictures are attached in no particular order, but they correspond with some of the events mentioned below. Oh wait. The pictures aren't working. I've tried twice, now. I guess I can try to stick some on here later. Sorry.
Well, I don't know if it's possible to catch up on everything that has happened since March, but I'll highlight some key events. I think I hate blogging. I just have this aversion to documenting my life. I also used to be a daily journal keeper, and now I sort of avoid that too. Luckily, if you are reading this, I consider you some degree of friend. (Although I guess strangers can read it too.) Anyway, I write for you.
Spring was filled with soccer games as John coached the junior high-aged students at his school. Jacob and I tried to attend every game. His team played on a very windy field, so Jacob often wore his cute little snow suit. Jacob loves watching sports. He enjoyed John's basketball season, soccer season, and my volleyball games.
Summer came and we left. We got to attend church in Pocatello, Idaho to hear my nephew Jerry speak before leaving for a mission to Mexico. After that, we spent a majority of the month of June in Georgia. This was somewhat of a farewell visit, although at the time we planned it, we were not intending it to be such. John's parents decided to move to Utah I think in April or May (after we bought our tickets for our vacation.) We had a very nice trip, although I was sick with pregnancy for the whole thing. We got to see many beloved family members, and do many fun things. We also were able to help a little to prepare Mom and Dad Jett for their move. In addition to time with family, we were also able to visit with some of our friends that we had not seen for years. We spent some time in Birmingham with Natalie and Luis, and we spent a morning at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens with Bonnie. It's so great to see old friends.
I was training to do a half-marathon in August, and that was going well. A few weeks in to my training I learned that I am expecting! Very exciting news! It did not take us nearly as long to get pregnant with this baby as it did with Jacob. We feel so excited and blessed. Anyway, the training was still going okay, and my doctor's office gave me some guidelines and things to follow so I could still do the run. But, then I got sick the day I turned 7 weeks. I lost all my excitement for the race, and just felt sick. I even threw up a bit (I didn't do that with Jacob, but once).
Most of the remainder of the summer was spent in a semi-functional sick state, mostly indoors. It lasted until I was 17 weeks! But, boy, now I feel great. I can clean and cook and have energy and don't feel sick at all! I almost don't feel pregnant, except the big gut I am developing.
We went on our first family campout with our little family of three. It was so fun, and Jacob really enjoyed the dirt. He likes to take handfuls and shower himself with it.
I was the young women camp director for my ward, so I got to plan and attend girl's camp in July, too. That is definitely something that I have always wanted to be involved with as an adult, so I feel very blessed to have had that privelege. It was a great experience.
We also had a chance to visit St. George for John's cousin Heidi's wedding at the end of July. Again, it was delightful to see dear family members.
In August we received a visit from my parents. Jacob very much loved the affection and attention that he received. He loves to entertain. Lots of cuteness. That same week, we also had a visit from my dear friend Anne. She and I had a chance to attend some of Education Week at BYU together. It was a great visit, and we had a dinner with old roommates, too. Good times.
Now we arrive in September. John's brother Daniel got married to Andrea Castillo (no relation that we have discovered) on Friday. We enjoyed being with family a lot as we attended the wedding festivities. I even took on a sewing project to make matching vests for the four grandsons. I think they turned out quite cute.
Today we are learned that our little baby is a GIRL. We are very excited and happy that she is healthy thus far. John is having a good school year and I am excited about fall. Perhaps, more so than I remember ever being in the past. I guess that is a sign of my aging :), because I'm excited to have the sweltering heat come to an end. I mean, I am turning 30 this month.
So, that is what we have done lately. I'll try to get some pictures to accompany this gargantuan post. Good job if you read the whole thing.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the update! Now I need to do the same!
ReplyDeleteYay for me and reading the whole thing. And yay for you in being pregnant and Yay for little girls! I can't wait to hear about her more. We've had our newest little girl (Mattie) for a month now. I'll call you sometime soon. Also- I think today is your birthday- so happy 30th! love ya, Hayley
ReplyDelete