Saturday, February 16, 2008

Blizzard!

We had quite the blizzard on Wednesday. It's funny because I work in Orem, and the snow was very light. As I drove, the radio said that the main road to our city was closed. That was shocking to me because I was already driving on that road, and it seemed fine...And then it hit! Pure whiteout! It took me an hour to drive a couple miles, and then the road was blocked. I stopped at a Smith's grocery store at the crossroads where the road was blocked. I saw several friends and neighbors there. We ate dinner and tried to entertain ourselves for several hours as we waited for the okay to proceed home. Several people I know went to stay with nearby friends and family, and others went to hotels for the night. Fortunately, our good friends were there. I left my car at Smith's, and was able to ride home with them in their truck once the road was open.
I was one of the lucky ones who got to spend the night in my own bed, after returning home at about 10 p.m. (I got off work at 4!)
Because of the blizzard, I didn't have the time to bake the Valentine's Day cookies that I was wanting to bake. We did have a very fun Valentine's Day. We went to a "Lovers Feaste." It was a medieval dinner theater put on by a local high school. The decorations and entertainment were great! Very neat.
I played in a basketball game this morning, and John refereed the basketball game after mine.
That's all. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Elisa,

    Read your blog because I was avoiding writing my thesis. It was fun to hear an updat - congrats on the new position at work! Looking forward to future posts,
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds like quite the adventure! Good ol' Utah, running into friends at Smiths. I miss that aspect of life. I'm glad you were safe and sound and the dinner date sounded fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I stumbled onto your blog. You emailed me a long time ago that you had one but I haven't been much of a blogger. I have been wishing for snow around here. It is inconvenient but so interesting. Glad it worked out for you. Where was John?

    ReplyDelete