John is sick right now. He has the flu, but he is improving. Tonight I am participating in Sarah Jane's ward talent show. It is an ensemble talent show, and they want each of the groups to do two songs from different genres, and one must be religious. We were going to play a hymn with two violins, a flute, and a trumpet, but because John isn't feeling well, we will be playing a trio (minus the trumpet). Somehow we decided for our other number we would be singing. I do like singing, but usually I have only sung in groups larger than three. We're doing the boogie woogie bugle boy in three part harmony. I think it will be okay.
Overall, we've been doing well lately. I've been running daily with a friend of mine. It's so much easier to be motivated to do good things like that when you have someone else who has a similar goal. It's been going great. I'd like to run a few 5ks and 10ks this summer. Perhaps one or two each month.
I'm thinking of planning a trip to Washington for this summer. I need to figure out when would be a good time for us to go.
John is enjoying his jobs right now. He is tutoring math part time, delivering mail part time, and just finished taking an EMT course part time. He'll continue to work this summer, and in the fall he will be taking a fire fighter course. We'll see how he likes these things.
I had a mission reunion last week, which I enjoyed. I always like to visit with my mission president and see old friends. I have been home for five years at the end of this month! It's amazing how time flies. I discovered that I am starting to develop little wrinkles around my eyes and I have a grey hair! That's pretty exciting.
That's basically what we are doing these days.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm going to Washington the end of May. I got roundtrip tickets for $139. That's the best I've ever seen--flying United. I wish you could come then too. I'd love to see you! This is Jackie, not Nate, by the way.
ReplyDelete