Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Welcome Jacob

Jacob joined our family a few days ago. He was born an eight pound nine ounce baby boy. He is very cute, and joined us rather unexpectedly because of a slight complication. When I went in for a routine doctor's visit, they saw that my blood pressure was too high. I was sent to the hospital for some additional testing, and it was decided that to avoid the risk of having seizures, I needed to be induced. Right then. So, it began. Things progressed a little bit slowly, and very much sped up once they broke my water. Everything was generally good, although in the end they used forceps and I had some third degree tearing. Other than that, all is well. We have been home and enjoying our beautiful boy. He has a bunch of black hair, and is very cute.

6 comments:

  1. ouch--third degree tears do not sound fun! I'm glad everything worked out though. He is super cute. Love the hair (and the name).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Jacob is such a great name. Does he have a middle name too? I can't wait to meet him! But don't worry, we will wait until we're all healthy. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is very cute and definitely has a full head of hair. I'm glad they got you taken care of right away. I'm sorry you have to deal with that tearing business. That is entirely too painful; I remember not being able to walk very well for like 2-3 weeks. I hope you're recovering okay. I hope I get to meet your new addition sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be near you during this special time, to share in your joy and help out as much as I could. There is nothing like holding your new baby. I am so happy for you (and love the name).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Elisa!! He is so beautiful!! What a cute name!! I'm so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacob is SOO handsome! CONGRATULAIONS!

    ReplyDelete