Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's a Boy!

We found out we are having a boy...Well, I should correct that. I found out that we are having a boy. John still wants it to be a surprise! We'll see how long that lasts. I try to persuade him otherwise, but he insists on not knowing. The baby is very cute. Anyway, we've had a good summer.
We took a trip to Washington in early June. We got to see family and friends. We spent the fourth of July with friends in Delta, Utah. We attended a parade and a demolition derby. That was quite the experience. We took a trip to Idaho in mid-July, and again in early August to visit with my brother Jay's family. We went to a cabin, and attended the baptism of my nephew Jalen. After our first trip to Idaho, John came home with a tick (and a bite!). The doctor said he was probably fine, although he did get quite sick a couple weeks later. He went back and got tested for Lyme disease and West Nile virus, and both tests came back negative. I guess he was just very sick.
John's parents came to visit last week, so we spent fun times with them. We have been very busy. I got another church calling to play the organ every other Sunday (that's in addition to Cub Scouts). We also have a trip to California planned to visit with and help John's grandfather to go through his belongings because he has moved to an assisted living facility. We will be traveling with some of John's siblings, and his parents will be there during the same week. We hope to get a lot accomplished there. We have so much to be grateful for, and feel very blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Funny how even though I spent a couple of hours with you that day, I never asked about any of this. Anyway, I'm still thrilled about the baby and glad you are having a fun summer!! Get lots of sleep while you still can! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! Your blog is just fine, I don't know what you are talking about!! I am so excited for your baby! YEAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I found it :) So apparently John doesn't read your blog. I love it! Can't wait to read more. It was fun chating with you tonight. We should have a girls night, before your little guy comes, and do dinner or something.

    ReplyDelete