Sunday, January 24, 2010

My latest project





I've recently finished Jacob's Christmas stocking. I started it while I was pregnant with him, took a year off, and started working on it again before Christmas. I decided I would not have time for any other projects, so I put it down again until Christmas was over. Now I have been able to complete it. I feel happy about this accomplishment, so I thought I'd share. That's what blogs are for, right?
My secret to finishing? I gave myself a rule that I could not start reading any new books until I finished the stocking. It's amazing how productive I will be when I give myself imaginary rules.

7 comments:

  1. Elisa... that is so amazing. Jacob is going to love it... especially the fact that you handmade it! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! You are so talented... I would love to be able to put something together like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Elisa...it's great! And, yes, blogs are for sharing all your accomplishments. I like the imaginary rules. I may have to implement some of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Elisa it is beautiful! Where did you get the pattern? I did one for Emma. It took me about 2 years! And honestly it's not COMPLETELY finished. And now I need to start one for Matthew. Maybe I'll have them all done when they are grown up.

    Congrats! So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got it in a kit at JoAnn's. JoAnns.com has some really great ones now, too! I aleady bought three others! I think the hardest part about finishing the stocking was doing all the "finishing" touches--backstitching, beadwork, and assembling the actual stocking. Those things take longer than you think, so even though I was "finished," I ended up having so much else to do to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! What an amazing talent you have! It looks so professional!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so great!!! :-) what a good rule about not reading...maybe I should use that. Your family looks like it is doing well. Congrats on getting to stay home now. :-) As for insomnia and thinking about stuff to do all the time, I write down the goals and projects and stuff and that helps me put them out on my mind. Take care! :-)

    ReplyDelete