Saturday, February 6, 2010
Insomnia
One thing I have noticed since quitting my job is that I have a much harder time falling asleep. Maybe it is because I get more sleep, so am less tired. Maybe it is because my life was simpler before: working, being sad I couldn't be home with Jacob, playing with my family, and trying to fit in cooking and cleaning when I could. I was more exhausted then, trying to balance it all. The only time I had dificulty sleeping was if I made a mistake at work, and then I would obsess over it and couldn't sleep. Now, at night, I cannot turn my mind off. Now, I obsess over all the projects and things that I want to get done during the next day, week, year, and life. Hopefully, it will lead me to something productive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hopefully this isn't too weird for me to leave a comment since I haven't for so long. I'm a really bad commenter, sorry. However, I have an idea for your insomnia. Have you tried keeping a pen and paper by your bed and writing everything down from your head onto the paper? Sometimes when I start thinking so much about everything I need to do the next day, etc. it helps if I write it down and that puts my mind at rest. Hopefully you'll get to sleep faster soon. good luck!
ReplyDeleteI use to suffer from this. Now I just take unisom/nyquil/benadryl... which ever is handy ;)
ReplyDeleteThe transition is a little diffiult in unexpected ways, I think. But yes, it will lead to a positive place.
ReplyDelete