Monday, June 11, 2007

Washington

We are in Washington right now. It is the last day of our vacation. We had a very fun time. The Sound to Narrows race was great and rainy. There was just the right amount of rain to keep us cool. All four of us who ran did pretty well. We all finished the race in about an hour. It was so fun! Although, I think that John may disagree. He doesn't like to run, despite being quite good at it.
We started our trip on Wednesday night. We drove up to Pocatello, Idaho after work. We spent that evening with my brother Jay and his family. The following morning we went (with three more passengers--Jay, Ellie, and Jalen) to Pullman, Washington. One of my friends from when I was a missionary lives there. We had a pleasant visit with her, and got to see another beautiful part of Washington. I had never been to Pullman before, but it's rather nice. The part we saw was, anyway.
From there we continued on to Puyallup on Friday morning. We have spent most of our time visiting family. We also went to visit my friend Rachel (formerly Castleton) Delap, who just had her first baby. They thought that she was having a girl all along, but when the baby came out he was a boy! It was fun to see her so soon after he was born.
Tonight we are having a family square dance. Kind of funny, but should be fun.
We have had an outstanding vacation. We'll miss everyone when we go.

3 comments:

  1. Hey guys! What a fun blog! You can check ours out!
    deardens.blogspot.com
    Glad you had a fun VACATION!
    ~Stuart and Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Washington! Still feels like home, even though I'm far away. Great job running. Say "hello" to your fam for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elisa, I can't believe I am on your blog. I feel like putting a disclaimer on there that I had had a baby two months before that picture was taken. Sheesh! But it was good to see you!

    ReplyDelete