Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hello...

I have learned that I am not a good blog maintainer. And you may have learned this too, from the limited posting I have done. It's difficult to want to write if nothing very significant has happened. And it is probably not very interesting to read, either. But I will write anyway. That way you can know that we are still alive.
We continue to be busy. John works as an electrician. He is learning and enjoying it, although he is still exploring other options. He went to the BYU campus last weekend to check out different career ideas and learn about what programs are available that might work with his teaching and math background.
Last night I had a nice little surprise. Some friends of ours (Karrie and Layne) told John they wanted to take us out to dinner. I had to work yesterday, and called John on one of my breaks. He asked me if I thought that would be okay. Normally, we don't have people who want to take us out, so I thought it was unusual. John told me that they were very insistent, so I said okay. When I got home we went over to their house and got in to the car. At this point, I thought we were just doing a normal dinner date, but then they said it would be kind of a long drive. It turned out that everyone knew exactly where we were going but me! And they didn't tell me where we were going. Anyway, we went to Park City. That's where they had several events in the 2002 Olympics. That was my first time to go there. A few days earlier I had mentioned that I would like to see it some time, so they wanted to surprise me for fun. It was such a fun surprise. We looked at the shops and ate in a very delicious Italian restaurant.
I got to go out to eat with a friend from my mission (Melanie Beal). It was great to catch up and reminisce. I seem to be eating out a lot these days, but it's fun.
On the first Saturday in August, I will be playing in a string quartet at a wedding reception with my sister-in-law (Sarah). It's been a long time since I have done that, and I'm excited.
I have two days off from work this week, and I have the following week entirely off. We may be going to St. George for a couple days that week. That's the extent of our adventures for now.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear an update! It sounds like you are having a fun summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know you are still alive. I keep checking for news. I love it all, even if you don't think it's very exciting! We miss you! Nate and I will be back out for graduation in August; perhaps we can get together to go "out to eat" some more!

    ReplyDelete