Sunday, February 1, 2009

Time Flies!




Jacob is 7 weeks old now, and I will return to work on Friday. John will take care of him during the day. We've been having fun together as a family.
The doctor thinks that Jacob has acid reflux because he spits up a ton, and is kind of a sensitive baby (he cries a lot). We started giving him a baby antacid, and it seems to be making a difference for him. That's nice to see him a bit happier.
I've been playing more basketball, and I am participating in a weight loss challenge with some friends. If I win, I'll get some money. Our challenge ends in April. So far it's going well, and it's nice to have some concrete motivation to exercise and eat healthily.
I hope you like the pictures. John censored the bath picture :)

9 comments:

  1. He's just so bright-eyed! Good luck going back to work! :) If you ever need to cry about it, give me a call, I know how hard it is to leave your baby. That's good that John will watch him though, that will make it easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acid reflux is like swear words in our family. I'm sorry. That's hard. But, I'm glad you have some medicine to help. Good luck going back to work. That's tough too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I think it's funny that you censored the bath picture. I've never actually seen anyone do that before and I'm sure Jacob will thank you both when he's older. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! Your blog is so cute. I will see you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is already getting so big! And adorable, of course--LOVE that hair! I totally feel you on the reflux issue--Taj had it really bad (we spent his first year trying to come up with alternative "burp cloths" that would actually catch the stuff...) Good luck and hurray for modern medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so adorable! Sad about the acid reflux but I'm glad the meds seems to be helping. Let me know if you ever need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elisa! I didn't know you had a blog! I am kind of (okay, a TOTAL) blog hopper, and I found your blog through Alisha's...hope that's okay! Jacob is absolutely ADORABLE! I can't believe how much hair he has! Oh, can you thank John for me for helping Ben with his trig the other night? SO nice of him! Feel free to check out our blog anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I am pretty sure we have the EXACT same couches...crazy! Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel free to check our blog any time! We got the couches at IM Home Furniture in Provo.

    ReplyDelete